What We Believe
Our Beliefs are the Church's Statement of Faith. This is a series of fundamental beliefs which we as a Church seek to do our best to adhere to and live by. However, our aim is to celebrate all that unites us as Christians rather than to become preoccupied by anything which may divide us.
- We believe that God is the personal, transcendent, and sovereign Creator of all things.
- We believe that God is eternally existent in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, our Lord and Saviour.
- We believe in the Finished Work of Jesus Christ. In his death and resurrection for the salvation of all who believe in him.
- We believe that we as Christians are fully reconciled to God by his Grace alone and no works of our own can add anything to this Finished Work.
- We believe in the inerrancy of Scripture, that the Bible, Old and New Testaments are the inspired, infallible Word of God.
- We believe the only true basis of Christian fellowship is Christ's Agape love, which is greater than any differences we possess and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians.
- We believe worship of God should be informed by the teaching of the Word of God, so that He might instruct us how He should be worshipped.
- We believe worship of God should be spiritual. Therefore, we remain flexible and yielded to the leading of the Holy Spirit to direct our worship.
- We believe worship of God should be inspirational. Therefore, we give great place to music in our worship.
- We believe worship of God should be prayerful.
- We believe in all the doctrines of historic biblical Christianity.